I just got home.
I decided to walk to the store in this unGodly weather. Winter weather advisory be damned! The streets were pretty quiet, an occassional car or two. Most of the neighbors were indoors, save a few out shoveling. Why they were shoveling is beyond me, it's still snowing like mad out there.
It was all rather relaxing.
Gave me time to think.
Of course, half of all the things that I think should either never be thought of in the first place or said out loud. That's a whole other story though.
On the way back, as soon as I hit the beginning of my street - I had to stop for a minute and just look around.
For as much as I hate winter and love to bitch about the cold, there really is nothing quite like New York when it's snowing. For that second, it looked like a postcard.
It was all picture perfect.
The air was crisp. The snow was steadily falling. There was no wind to speak of. The area was blanketed in a soft white. It could have been the cover of a 10,000 piece puzzle.
It was silent and peaceful.
Of course then reality kicked in and I thought it would be best if I got out of the middle of the street before the next idiot that drove by ran me over with their car because they were going to take the turn too fast, slide on ice and kill me.
That's not a news headline I want to be a part of.
Still, for that brief period of time - I remembered what was monumental about living in New York.
No comments:
Post a Comment