Let me just say that I love my attorney. His name is Bob and he's as sharp today as the day I walked into his office 15 years ago. His legal assistant is Donna and I absolutely adore her.
I think I hugged and kissed them both about a half a dozen times.
They've always done right by me. Never pulled any punches or sugar coated a solitary thing and even though they're paid to be on my side - they actually both ARE on my side.
Wonderful people.
I had to go in today because I haven't been receiving child support - for far too long now. And it's more than due.
If I were to start hanging signs around my desk/office - they would all be stuff that I say on a regular basis and then when someone walks in and says something stupid to me, I could just point to whatever sign applied to the situation.
In this case, I would be pointing to the sign that reads...
And God as my witness, that's a true statement.
As it turns out, I'm owed the better part of $10K. That's not the amusing part. Actually, that's not amusing at all. That just manages to piss me off.
The amusing part is...
My attorney is very even.
Very, monotone. Sensible.
Logical. Not very emotional.
He's perfect as far as I'm concerned.
Today, because he hates my ex-husband with a passion that he doesn't really show, but you know is there because you can feel it... he looked me dead in the face and said, "this is a good case" and for an instant, I saw his whole face light up.
Like it was Christmas.
It's safe to say that when my attorney looks happy... it's going to be really bad for someone. And by someone, I mean, someone who isn't doing right by me.
I love that guy.
I appreciate all that a good attorney can do to get a good judgement, however, it is very despairing when it costs you the same or more (in attorney fees) than what is owed to you.
ReplyDeleteHopefully your attorney will ask the judge to order payment of your legal fees by your ex so that you come out ahead, not only emotionally, but financially as well.
I had that written into the papers from day one. He violated our agreement. He has to pay now.
ReplyDeleteThat's only fair.
So, in the end, it should cost me next to nothing - short of my retainer fee.
yeah, that's a good moment - when the laywer lights up like an xmas tree! lol
ReplyDelete