Wednesday, April 15, 2009

tax deadline day


Oh, come on - that was funny...

5 comments:

  1. Oh goodness.. i think mine are due too. I have NO idea how to do taxes for a business in canada.

    laughs.. hm.. time to twitter about it

    ReplyDelete
  2. I managed to file an extension for my Mom online, oh like at 10pm tonight. Of course, I had to to create an account in her name, promise 3 times on pink pony saddle that I was indeed *my mother* (have I committed a felony? Probably), state that *I* owed no taxes (How would we know? I have no time and she has dementia. We're quite the pair). I only became her guardian as of last November, so saying I don't have it all together is the very least of it.

    You'll probably have to *burn this* after reading so that you can claim immunity from prosecution. I'm sure you'll do what's *right*.

    Oh, and MY (not *I*) taxes were filed back in February and I (not *I*) already have my refund money. So there.

    ReplyDelete
  3. promise three times on a pink pony saddle??

    lmao

    dies

    ReplyDelete
  4. I couldn't find the book at the time I posted, but the "promise 3 times on (the) pink pony saddle" came from "Freedom and Necessity" by Steven Brust and Emma Bull. Both are typically Science Fiction writers (I never would have guessed), but I just loved the book and have used the quote to mean "I really, really mean it" or "I swear to it" if the government is asking.

    ReplyDelete