Saturday, June 6, 2009

sometimes it's necessary!

While I'm at it, just for the fucking RECORD - sometimes it's NECESSARY to turn your keyboard over and smash it against the desk to clean it.

IT IS!


It's the fastest, most efficient way of doing things.
Canned air is over-rated!
That could take minutes.
My method takes about three seconds.

Oh, and by the way, it's perfectly ACCEPTABLE to get a butter knife and pry your keys OFF just to see what's underneath it too.

I live with a bunch of keyboard nazis.

5 comments:

  1. my girlfriend has seen way too many disgusting keyboards in her time

    ReplyDelete
  2. Is there another way to clean a keyboard? Oh my goodness, this is news to me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sometimes ya just gotta pry the keys off to clean it properly. Especially if you inherited the keyboard from someone who habitually ate (and spilled stuff) at their computer.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can vouch that my keyboard is full of residual sticky cranberry juice with cat hair that no amount of slamming will remove.
    Also, my F5 key is dislodged from the keyboard because it was pryed off as a *test* after I spilled cranberry juice into my laptop. I mopped it up best I could, tented the laptop for a few hours and it's still been usable, so I don't see what all the fuss is.

    Keyboard Nazis? Perhaps everyone needs their own PC to negate this issue.

    ReplyDelete
  5. wasn't there a time when you could put them in the dishwasher with no heat dry???? of course on the top rack....

    My boss ruined his phone with a hefty helping of Windex trying to clean it after it was scummed up. ewwwww

    ReplyDelete