“I pledge allegiance to the flag
of the United States of America,
and to the Republic for which it stands.
One nation under God, indivisible,
with liberty and justice for all."
One birth every.................................. 7 seconds
One death every.................................. 13 seconds
One international migrant (net) every............ 35 seconds
Net gain of one person every..................... 11 seconds
US and World Population Clocks
Population living in America July of 1776 - 2.5 million.
Today - 304 million
US Census Press Release
Virtual White House Tour - I spent approximately 3.5 years living in Maryland and roughly a year living either in D.C. (P & 11th) or right around it - I don't miss Dupont Circle traffic.
The only main thing I haven't seen in D.C. is The United States Holocaust Memorial Museum, completed in 2007.
I hope to go there this summer.
Every American should visit our Capitol if it's at all possible.
For the cooking people among us....
American Recipes. I must be insane, that George Washington Cranberry Pudding sounds really good.
Live Cams:
- Niagara Falls - if you haven't been there, it's very difficult to describe exactly how massive it is. It's beautiful (and only featured here today because while there is a French Canadian side - Niagara Falls is still half American too!). Okay, that, and I just find it pretty.
- Statue Of Liberty - You can hear how much wind we're getting today... and as far as I'm concerned, IT'S COLD OUT.
- Time Square - where you can see 8,000 people stopping to stare at the web cam for a minute before making some kind of stupid face or doing something that I'm sure will be making their mother's proud.
I did find this on that site that's just too cool not to share - Panoramic views. Been there.
Anyway, if you want to see the other live cams there, just click on the link in the left menu that reads, "EarthCam Network" - it's a slick little site.
I was hoping one of those would say they were going to be streaming live fireworks. I haven't found one yet that says it and means it. I bet some on those page do anyway though.
I dunno, Mrs Truman's M&C sounds mighty tasty too!
ReplyDeleteCranberry pudding????
ReplyDelete