Grant went grocery shopping today while I cleared out the fridge and bleached the counters and did the dishes. He came home and this is the conversation we had and it still strikes me as funny:
Grant: "I got you the good kind of cheezy poofs."
Me: "NoNoNo..."
Grant: "What's the matter with you? Look, these are white cheddar and those are the better kind."
Me: "Stop trying to change me!"
Grant: "What's wrong with you..."
Me: "Oppressor!"
Grant: "How am I the oppressor?! I just got you the better kind of cheezy poofs! They don't sell yours at the grocery store!"
Me: "I know, you can only get them at the gas station!"
Grant: "These were more expensive!"
Me: "That's even worse!"
Grant: "Are you insane?"
Me: "OPPRESSOR!"
Grant: "Oh my God..."
I think oppressor is my new official favorite word.
Of course, all of this came on the heels of discovering he declared war on me in the Mafia War's game we play.
twitch
I assure you that had nothing to do with it...much.
"Help! Help! I'm being opressed!"
ReplyDeleteAnd for the record, our grocery store does in fact carry the proper poofs.
*laffin* I bet if I read this to my hubby he'd completely understand where ya comin from with the MW reference...
ReplyDeleteSo he lied to me on top of it, poptatari?!
ReplyDeleteI won the war, by the way...
ReplyDeleteI'm not willing to condemn Grant to death. At least not yet.
ReplyDeleteWhen my SO was sent on a Poof Procurement Mission she came home with Ched-airs. I made the mistake of comparing them to Pirate's Booty, and not specifying that they were a Cheetos product. She went to the natural foods section (where Pirate's Booty is stocked) and found the Ched-airs.
Also, it *is* possible that inventory varies among locations. I've run into that in the past when looking for specific things.
poptatari - That's just hilarious.
ReplyDelete