Tuesday, October 27, 2009

pure dumb luck...

Okay, did I not just say 36 hours ago:

"What I AM sure of though and the one thing I've never lost faith in - is that because the first half of my life was difficult; the second half is going to be great.

And when I say great -
I mean... Epic.

Just like I knew by the age of 11 that the first half wasn't going to be so easy.
I know about this.

I also know that it's going to come in the form of something subtle and seemingly insignificant to everyone else, probably to me as well - then BAM! It will be like a million other things in my life that result in me going, "Okay, didn't see that one coming exactly..."

The form is insignificant.
The fact that it will happen is what matters."


[am I the only one that finds it hilarious to quote yourself?]

I think... I just found... a book publisher that I'd like to work with.
How's that for irony.

What the hell do I know about writing a book?
And yet...
It's starting to seem like a really good idea.

Nevermind that Erin has been telling me to do that for 50,000 years...if there's any truth to past lives, I'm sure she's been telling me since the beginning of time...

24 comments:

  1. funny - I have been meaning to ask you about a publisher/editor type role for a organization... was waiting for them to put together something then I wanted your feedback on it... secretly wanting to see if you were interested.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I told you that you should be published.

    Although I'm a little frightened to think about what you'd come up with.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thats right. Let all your crazy out in one place.

    You must be out of your mind.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Keep it up, J.D. and you'll be the first chapter...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Have we NOT talked about this a million times? Is your snuggie on too tight? You're seriously disappointing me with your criminal acumen.

    Write a book = shit that can and will be used agaisnt you in a court of law.

    I cant help you hide the bodies if you're going to leave a trail to the site.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's why I picked a publisher in a different country!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Have we NOT talked about the CREDIT issue I have a million times too!

    Hiding bodies is probably not in my future. I will try to refrain from calling the news myself and putting up a big ass sign next to the body that says, "YES, I DID IT - AND I'D DO IT AGAIN!"

    ReplyDelete
  8. So this "book" would be about what?

    If you say biography, I'll smack you myself. SNAP OUT OF IT!

    Do you think Chuck Manson woke up one morning and thought, "Hmm.....what the fuck can I do to make sure I go to jail for the rest of my life? I know! I'll write all this shit down in a book!"

    Did your close friend Art Shawcross decide to start dumping the bodies in the open in the middle of the day because it sounded like a good idea????

    Come on.....

    And one more thing.

    Hiding bodies will ALWAYS be in your future. You know it.

    ReplyDelete
  9. laughing right out loud
    Oh...
    Well, you know...

    I could just use a pen name.
    Hey, I could write under YOUR name!

    ReplyDelete
  10. In all honesty...
    I haven't the slightest idea what I'd write about.

    ReplyDelete
  11. "SNAP OUT OF IT!"
    I still love that movie...laughs

    You know, this wouldn't be so bad if I COULDN'T HEAR YOU SAYING WHAT I'M READING.

    God... we really have had this conversation a million times...

    ReplyDelete
  12. Steve - if you need help with that, just let me know.

    ---

    We'll see how it goes.
    Not that I have a clue what I'm doing...

    ReplyDelete
  13. laughs!!

    "We will serve no wine before it's time."
    --spumbanti bambino wine ad or how ever you spell it!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. laughing out right at the snuggie comment. and HEY JD LONG TIME NO SEE. GLAD YOU FOUND YOUR WAY HERE. I'M WRITING IN CAPS SO YOU DON'T MISS THIS.

    ReplyDelete
  15. more apparent randomness for no reason:

    I like chris rock.

    ReplyDelete
  16. completely random:

    my explanation to someone about what a snuggie is:

    it's some weirdo blanket you wear that has arms

    ReplyDelete
  17. even more randomness

    I just removed 1700 people from my twitter account and continue to remove. NO DOUBLE DIGITS! 9 or less!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. omfc (christ) you need an advice column to spark your mind, then you just do a Carrie Sex and the City blog kind of VOLIA a book is born thing!

    where's your advice column email address?

    and omfg i found Rachel Zoe on twitter! HOLY CHRIST WAS I HAPPY!!

    ReplyDelete