fucking HELL
"He has not been able to speak with police since his desperate fight for life began October 12, when police say five teenage friends, including a 13-year-old, doused Brewer with rubbing alcohol and set him on fire.
The attack occurred after Brewer reported to police that one of the youths had stolen his father's bicycle. Police say the bicycle was stolen because Brewer did not pay one of the boys $40 for a video game.
According to police, witnesses said the teens called Brewer "a snitch" as they used a lighter to set him ablaze."
What in the FUCK is going on today?!
First the girl and now this?!
Has the world gone mad?!
This HAS to STOP.
Now.
Stop it.
Right now.
Jesus Christ.
"On Monday, the five teens who are accused of taking part in the attack appeared separately before judges in Broward County, Florida.
State prosecutors were granted additional time to build their case. Formal charges are expected later this month. For now, all five teens are being held in custody.
Four of the boys, all 15 years old, could be charged as adults. The 13-year-old also could be charged as an adult but under Florida law only if Brewer dies."
I don't care if parents haven't told kids not to fucking set other kids on fire or not. That's not even something that should have to be said out loud and by 15, you should KNOW better. Just by being ALIVE, you should KNOW better.
Oh my God.
What fucking fresh hell is this.
I think I've had about all the news I can take today.
This is what happens these days when kids try to do the right thing and tell when someone is doing something wrong?!
ReplyDeleteOh my God.
My son is sleeping over for the next three days (which is nice since he's 19 this month and moved out about 6 months ago) and AGAIN, for the 50,000th time - we're going to have to have ANOTHER talk about this sort of thing.
This is out of hand and utterly devastating and ridiculous.
"Beside myself" - is an accurate statement.
I may go insane today.
ReplyDeleteToday may be the day.
Are you really sure that you'll have to have a talk with him about "not lighting people on fire"? I find that hard to believe based on previous posts about your children. If you've taught your children kindness and empathy and when to stand up to that which is wrong, then this would not so much be a teaching point but rather a discussion between adults (!) regarding the ills of this world and possibly failed parenting that has caused this debacle.
ReplyDeleteI didn't say I had to teach them anything about it. I said we were going to have another talk about this sort of thing.
ReplyDeleteAnd no, I don't need to tell either of them not to set someone on fire.
This is horrific...
ReplyDeleteI try to raise my kids on the golden rule - do unto others. That seems a basic belief that should result in humane behavior. What goes through these people's minds when they are doing these things. If for one second, they put themselves in the place of the victim...
This is really hard to get one's brain around.
ReplyDelete