The Colts aren't use to this sort of thing...
They were hilarious when they were interviewed.
You can't see ANY of the lines.
...and still...70,000 lunatics showed up to watch.
I was not one of them.
Nor would I be...
Not that I can even get out of my driveway at the moment.
My son, some random guy and his kid shoveled my driveway three times yesterday.
Looking out the kitchen window, it looks like another foot of snow fell.
AND IT'S STILL SNOWING!
According to this:
www.WHEC.com - Snowstorm blankets area
It looks like just under 3' of snow fell in total.
AND IT'S STILL SNOWING!
My poor daughter...
The bus was 15 minutes late.
It's 14 degrees out.
And yes, this is NY, of course she has school.
Her girlfriend's house is across the street from the bus stop. My kids have LONG AGO given up bothering to check if school is ever going to be closed in winter. The boy graduated, but the girl doesn't even get her hopes up enough to turn on the tv to hear the news.
So I get this phone call from her asking me to check if school is closed. We both know it won't be, but she asks me to check anyway because the bus is 15 minutes late.
While we're on the phone, the bus passes her friend's house; which they, of course, miss. All she could do was laugh.
She's safe and sound in her Physics class right now - thawing.
New York.
Gotta love it.
We had to go out yesterday and I was just getting ready to dig our vehicles out of the 18"-24" of snow when the doorbell rang. Some guy was offering to plow driveways for $15.
ReplyDeleteI would have paid triple if he'd asked.
And for the record, I would have been all over going to that game yesterday. Cold is no problem, as long as it's not wet, and it was plenty cold enough to keep the snow from melting. No risk of warm beer either.
This coming from the guy who's had two meals that weren't crackers and ginger ale in the last four days...
It was -3 this morning when I got up. Its warmed up to 7 right now. We're *hoping* to see double digits today, but its not looking promising. 6" of snow expected on Wed to pile onto the foot + thats on the ground right now.
ReplyDeleteSOMEONE...ANYONE......if you see Algore? Kick him square in the nuts and tell him its from me. Moron global warming dipshits...
Someone just told me that Buffalo got 42"...
ReplyDeleteI'm ONLY 63" tall!
Erin and I were just talking about this...
Dying via snow is just too stupid of a way to go.
I just had to pay $50.00 for someone to dig out my driveway because the boy is gone and my cousin had to get her car unburied to leave.
Where's my $15.00 guy!
God damn it...
Of course, they plowed the street and I had a pile high of slush at the end.
And who the hell is responsible for anyone saying that -3 WARMED up to 7 is a real equation!
and I would just never be at a Bills game anyway... Jets fan!
Omg... and my challenged offspring left the garage door wide open...
ReplyDeleteGrant called earlier to tell me that he walked outside and has never seen that much snow in his life.
ReplyDeletelaughs
It's not over yet!
Just to set things straight, I've got no love for the Bills, but am still stupid enough to watch them play in a blizzard (and have done so in the past - when I have no vested interest in either team).
ReplyDeleteI've got the number of the $15 guy and will text it to you. Not sure what his sphere of influence is though.
Grant is so screwed - and remember, *you're* the one who mentioned death by snow envelopment.
It's STILL SNOWING!
ReplyDeleteI guess I'd better call Grandma and make sure shes still alive....
ReplyDeleteYou got me beat on snow, but I got ya beat on temp. The high on Thursday and Friday this week is supposed to be..............
ReplyDelete0.
Remind me why I'm not living in Aruba?
It's STILL FUCKING SNOWING here!
ReplyDeletelaughs
Snow Shower
21°F
Feels Like
8°F
Why do they do that?
Feels like... 8
NO IT DOESN'T.
It feels like Polar Bear Friendly!
I don't know.
Yeah, you win on the temp.
It's really not that cold here.
When I was growing up I remember one of my favorite things was the blessed snow day. After an especially notable blizzard in 1977 we had a snow week which was epically wonderful.
ReplyDeleteyeah - what is this feels like deal.
ReplyDeletedid some guy go t a school where they were exposed to differnt set temperatures all day and then at the end of the semester thy had to correctly identify what each one was?????
picturing a gy licking his bare finger then holding it up yes like he is checking the wind and postualating - hmmm - is it 6 or 8 ?
and don't get me started on Zero /twitches
I think all we need now is to go to the store to buy winter boots - bet they have all the spring footwear out and no boots to be found...
ReplyDeletethe news last night said that a little west of youwas up to 56" since Friday.... that's up to your nose orbottom lip isn't it????
ReplyDelete_______
/ \
| 0 0 |
------nnnn----\--o--/-------nnnn----
aw hell my pretty picture didn't show up.
ReplyDeleteI would definitely go to a game like that ...
ReplyDelete... at least, for my team, I would. B-)