Spring.
That's sort of funny because it's only 32 degrees out at the moment.
However, it LOOKS warm.
Well, it looks warm if you don't look down and can overlook all the snow still on the roofs and ground and -
What I'm trying to say is the sun is OUT.
sheesh
It's SHINING!
It's the kind of shine that you see when new buds start poking out of the ground.
That kind of shining.
So, as long as I slump down a little in my computer chair, only look up past the tree branches without my glasses and not left or right - I can almost pretend that Spring is, indeed, on its way.
Golden!
That said, I'm done. I'm ready. I'm sick of winter. Sick of snow. Sick of high winds. Sick of the cold.
BRING ON SPRING!
NOW!
I know this is going to be a great spring/summer.
I'm ready for a tan!
I'm ready for open windows and my breezy front porch and my garden and late nights and my outside fireplace. I'm ready for my Angel Trumpet and hanging out with my neighbors and my kids in college and some freedom. I'm ready for getting a car and driving wherever the hell I want, whenever the hell I want. I'm ready for bikini season and drinks on my flagstone patio.
I'm ready for all accounts to be settled in full.
I'm ready to throw out just about everything in my kitchen and to get all new stuff that *I* like. I say "like" because it's kitchen stuff and I really don't care. I want full sets of everything though now that there's no one that will likely be breaking anything on accident. I've lived with a bunch of klutzes for the last two decades. I'm ready to toss half my furniture and replace it with stuff that *I* love.
I'm ready to toss my TV and get a bigger one.
laughs
And new glasses...erm...
I'm two months off from streaking my hair with light brown strands. I'm just about ready for a new haircut from my ultra-conservative Capricorn hair stylist. She would rather stab herself with her own scissors than cut my hair shorter than *I* want it. Which would, you know, save me the trouble of having to do that to her should she screw it up.
I need a passport.
I haven't been to Canada since 2001 because, well, quite frankly, because I was mad. It's been enough time now, I'm over it. I'm ready to revisit Richmond Hills, Toronto and Maple Leaf Village again.
I'm ready to conduct a sit-in on my neighbor's lawn down the street that owns a Bermese Mountain Dog until he gives me permission to play with the dog whenever I want. It's the next best thing to a Newfoundland...since my Newfoundland neighbor moved. He and I had the same arrangement. I broke into his breezeway while he was at work to play with his dog - and he didn't have me arrested. It was a beautiful relationship. Now I need another one.
The Bermese Mountain Dog is only 120 lbs - unlike Leif, the Newfoundland, who was a stately 180 lb wall of fur. Not as impressive, but still a massive animal. And I like her. The last time I saw her, she parked herself on my lawn and the poor guy couldn't drag her away.
Perfect.
I'll wear him down!
I'm just about ready to visit my favorite cousin's cabin in east freakin' wherever it is and shoot at things with him.
Yes, I'm ready for spring to come...
I write this because I got this stupid notice in email today: "You have a lot of fresh thoughts and, fortunately, many of them could make good sense. But your mind is running so fast now that you are on to the next inspiration before you've done anything about the previous one. Unfortunately, an important innovation might be forever lost if you don't take the time to write it down as it's unfolding. You cannot rely on your memory; carry around a notebook today and jot down your ideas when they happen." - and though I can't imagine not being able to count on my memory... fine... there it is...
Sadly Spring has been cancelled this year.
ReplyDeleteIt was snowing here this morning. But I feel that Spring feeling in the air once in a while.
ReplyDeleteI'm ready for bikini weather too. Please send pictures.
ReplyDeleteI'm ready for you to start driving again.
I'm ready to toss out all the shit in your kitchen. The only things that belong in your kitchen are...coffee cup, pot, microwave, spoon, box of sporks, 74 knives of various types and lengths, knife sharperner.
I'm ready for you to get a passport, no matter what alias you use to obtain one.
I'm ready for you to start breaking into other peoples houses to play with their animals - or rifle through their shit. Whichever.
I'm really not ready for you to go to Canada. I cant for the life of me think of a good reason why.
And for the LOVE OF GOD I'M READY FOR SPRING.....
I swear one day I'm just going to leave the house like I'm going to work and drive off never to be seen or heard from again by anyone. I'll narrow it down for you. I'll be half naked on a beach somewhere. Unless I'm drunk. Then I'll probably be totally naked. All bets are off at that point.
Winter can suck it.
Just to brighten your day:
ReplyDeleteToday: Snow. High near 33. Breezy, with a west wind between 14 and 20 mph. Chance of precipitation is 100%. Total daytime snow accumulation of 1 to 3 inches possible.
Tonight: Snow. Low around 31. Breezy, with a northwest wind between 20 and 23 mph. Chance of precipitation is 100%. New snow accumulation of 3 to 7 inches possible.