I am tagging spazz.me, prettymike, Pop and Ice, Ponti Mython and fashion chalet
That said, I am a Jack Vettriano fan. He's the only painter to date that I get. The image on the page is one of his. Someone told me a few years ago that it reminded them of me. Like all the compliments in my life - that can be taken in a good way or a bad way. I have two Vettriano prints in my house. One is 'Dance me to the end of love' and it hangs in my dining room.
Really, how can I not like someone who paints like that and says things like, "Creative people are stifled somehow by domesticity. They need to have late nights and bad mornings" which I completely agree with - and “...she looked like a woman to whom a pledge of eternal love might provoke her to stab you with a stiletto.” - I think I love him.
Classic example: I don't gamble. I've been to Atlantic City in Jersey and Turning stone in New York and it's a waste of time for someone like me. I'll look at a table and all I can see is...that person is waging a mortgage payment, a gas & electric bill and a week of groceries.
So, OF COURSE, I'm dating a poker player who loves Vegas.
That's funny!
Another example: Around Christmas I was at the convenient store with my son. That boy has zero luck and has to learn everything the hard way. The last thing he should ever do is gamble. I have no idea what made me do it, but I told him to go get a scratch off ticket. The ironic part is when someone hands me a ticket like that, it's usually a winner if it's not my idea...and it's rarely my idea. I threw the ticket in my purse and we scratched it off when we got to my driveway.
We won a dollar.
The ticket cost a dollar.
Stupid.
Then the jokes started flying. If we had won $700 - what would have happened is the car would have suddenly lost its transmission turning it in and it would have cost exactly $700 to fix it. Ah, the irony of life. It's funny to me.
A tip: If you're around me and I ever say something casually like, "I think I need to go to the hospital" - get the car because three seconds later, I'll change my mind and try to talk you out of it - and the odds are great that I WILL be able to talk you out of it. For me to even utter those words though, it's serious. No matter how calmly or quietly I say it. A lesson Grant has already learned.
The only thing that gets me up some days is pure anger over it all. A lot of people say that anger is a bad thing. I disagree. If you use it the right way, it's quite motivating. Being driven by rage has accomplished a lot of things in my life.
When it comes to God's laws, what I hold fast to is - never lie to a Priest. Clearly, I will have a full on argument with a Priest - which is why I wasn't allowed to get married in a Church the first time around. Which is STILL better than lying to a Priest to get the job done in my book.
As for Man's laws, I'm hoping to get through life without having to unjustifiably commit a felony. So far, so good. As for My laws, I'd rather slit my own wrists than break one of my own laws.
Ethics I have in abundance.
I'm unclear as to whether ethics and morals are interchangeable.
I'm still working that one out.
To date, I'm unconvinced.
Seriously, who cares.
No one should really care what I do anyway as long as it doesn't affect them.
I'm not here to hurt anyone.
I care very little about living my life how other people think I should. I'm a firm believer that the vast majority of things that we have to do in this life; we have to do alone. That includes being born and dying. There are things that no one can do for us. Worrying about how it's viewed by others is a giant waste of time. I don't crave being seen in a bad light, of course, but at the end of the day - I only have to answer to myself and if I'm okay with it; that's that.
Every now and then I'll hear how my life looks like chaos and it makes me smile. How, on paper, it may look like a mess. This always amuses me. The decisions I made at the exact moment I made them - I don't regret. It's what was necessary at the time. There's a reason for every single thing I do and nothing is done without thought.
The key to judging though, is measuring someone by their *own* measuring stick - not by mine. Mine is only to judge myself. It's not for anyone else. You make your own proclamations about what you think is right or wrong and I'll take you for your word. I don't have to like it. I don't have to live by it. I don't care. I'm also not going to hold it against you either.
I'm not here to live anyone's life for them. I'm not here to change anyone. I'm not here to push my rules on you. You don't answer to me - and I don't expect you to. If you want to be a part of my day to day life, that's a different story. Even with that though, I'm not trying to change anyone, I'm just looking for a good working fit. Naturally; not forced.
Note for Pop and Ice: Oh, and by the way, My Richard is a down to earth Taurus...
I will also get equally mad about spending money on something that's suppose to be high quality that ends up being junk. That sets me off like no tomorrow. I'm still pissed off about a purchase I made 5 years ago. I understand the value of money.
I am, however, a hotel snob. I can base an entire vacation on never leaving a hotel room. The Waldorf is next - and I couldn't care less if I step one foot on the streets of NYC while I'm there. I don't care how much it costs either. I'm worth that.
Grant has introduced me to a whole other world with how smart he is and how interested he is in space and time and thinking outside the box. I like the box! I'm comfortable in the box! He has no such limitations. There are times he goes off and I sit there with this smile plastered on my face and I know that there will be 48 things I'll need to look up afterward just to figure out what he just said to me. We attacked carbon dating before he left.
I may also have to take a chemistry course just to be able to talk to him.
Which is fine, I can do that.
Grant has proven that he can handle crisis and not fall apart. He just looks at me and goes, "I'll take care of it" - this use to make me leery and panic that I would still have to clean up the mess afterward. I feel less like that as time passes because he's handled everything he's said he would handle. This is priceless to me.
Like the time two months when the water ran cold in the shower and I told him that there was no way in hell that I was lighting a pilot light and what did he know about such things.
I refuse to stick my hand in the garbage disposal too.
I've seen the movie Poison Ivy!
Fuck off!
Not doing it!
This led to us going into the basement and finding it drowning in a foot of water..../twitch.
All I could do was stare at the ceiling and think, "OF COURSE MY BASEMENT IS UNDER WATER! HOW COULD IT NOT BE, IT'S BEEN QUIET FOR NEARLY 24 HOURS!"
- AND it was still raining.
PERFECT!
That's BEAUTIFUL!
We just got done dealing with having to have the entire first floor redone because of the carbon damage from when the fireplace started burning raw gas instead of whatever mixture it was suppose to. That took a month. The day before he cleared out the gutters in single digit temperature in the dead of night because it started leaking in the Florida room.
Really...
I start laughing because, again, life's irony...
What...
Is the plague coming next?
While I'm seeing swarms of locus in my head, he just simply looked at me and said, "I'll take care of it".
He didn't even go to sleep that night until it was taken care of for me.
Even bigger than that, I didn't doubt him.
That's HUGE to me.
I'm not big on schedules.
I completed 6 of my 10 courses to become a paralegal. Who the hell wants to do all of that though and not be eligible to try a case? Tons of grunt work and in this state, you don't even need a paralegal certificate to be one. Waste of time and it doesn't even count towards becoming an attorney.
My grade point average when I'm at college has been a steady 4.0. And trust me, I'm every Professors dream and nightmare all rolled into one. I know I could do it. It just costs a small fortune. Between $250-400K. I still might though. It would not be unlike me to wake up one days and go, "Alright, this is what I'm going to do now" - and then just do it.
If you want to go, go, I won't stop you - there are 303 million other people in this country alone. Have a nice life, I'll wish you well, I'll even help you go and play fair every step of the way - leave with some integrity though. Because just like no good ever comes to those that don't give back - no good ever comes from unnecessarily fucking me over either. Pay now, pay later - but I assure you, you will pay. A good time is not had by all when someone winds up on a milk carton!
omg my eyes just bulged out. I have to do this? I haven't even read it yet. i have nothing to do anyway atm lol
ReplyDeleteOh, God. After I get rid of my stick a fork in my head headache. So maybe tomorrow. Although I'll probably lose all 6 of my followers already exposed to the "Ten Things About Me" debacle.
ReplyDeleteI have a feeling of Deja vue... perhaps I have a friend whom was exposed to this type of mnd control on Facebook...Well I have taken on a blog so I guess I admittedly like to write stuff, so what is 25 little things - not a big deal.
ReplyDeleteI saved this.
ReplyDeleteEvery time I start enjoying this some catastrophe happens.
ReplyDeleteShady's back
Back again...
-mnm
"Creative people are stifled somehow by domesticity. They need to have late nights and bad mornings" - that is so true.
ReplyDeleteAND...
NOW... NOW .. N O W .. NOWWWWW I GET THE STAB YOU WITH A STILLETO COMMENT!!
now. i. get. it.
really.
you and me: the only two people who go into a casino and are horrified that people actually GAMBOL THEIR MONEY.
ReplyDeletepoker isn't gambling. everything else IS.
We are the same about the hospital.
ReplyDeleteDo you knit?
ReplyDeleteI'm a firm believer that the vast majority of things that we have to do in this life; we have to do alone. That includes being born and dying. There are things that no one can do for us. Worrying about how it's viewed by others is a giant waste of time. I don't crave being seen in a bad light, of course, but at the end of the day - I only have to answer to myself and if I'm okay with it; that's that.
ReplyDeleteOne of the best things you've ever said.
I am, however, a hotel snob. I can base an entire vacation on never leaving a hotel room.
ReplyDeleteOk - that is just funny. And SO oppostie of me.
I seriously can't understand WHY everyone looks sideways at me when I suggest WE sleep IN THE CAR WHEN POSSIBLE.
What is the problem?
laughs
the last vaycay i went on i slept on the floor or someone's hotel room for THREE NIGHTS so I didn't have to pay.
I am SO WITH YOU on this HUGE ASS RING THING NOW.
ReplyDeleteIf a man ever preposes to me without out one I am going to consider it an act of war.
He'll never have to buy another piece of jewelry for me after that as long as he lives. It's the one that counts. I have no idea why he gets that certain grin on his face when I say that, but he does and it's cute -
ReplyDeleteIt's because Fire Signs love to work! WE HATE EASY! MAKE IT HARD FOR US!! THAT IS HOW IT SHOULD BE!! we know the good ones aren't satisfied easily.
that even makes me grin
laughs out loud
if I married a capricorn.. he'd be drowning in presents!
omg - i totally am fascinated by Quantum Physics
ReplyDeleteHe just looks at me and goes, "I'll take care of it" - THAT totally melted my heart. THAT'S HIS JOB. thank god SOME GUY IS DOING IT. THAT SOME GUY GETS IT!! that's priceless. fucking fix it, omg, and don't make me FUCKING TELL YOU TO. thank you!
He didn't even go to sleep that night until it was taken care of for me.
ReplyDeleteEven bigger than that, I didn't doubt him.
That's HUGE to me.
omg - no kidding. You can't put a price on that. I so mean that.
You are completely suited to be a landlord. I've watched it all my life. You've got all it requires.
ReplyDeleteFunny you mentioned this. I was just thinking yesterday.. why don't I own property in Italy by now? That makes me pissed.
This was great. And so you. But you're such a fluffy sweet kitten! We never see ourselves as we are, and maybe it's a good thing. Maybe the fact that we project the opposite of what we think we do is the paradox of moving thru the world.
ReplyDeleteIn any case..you're still the most facinating, fun, competent, inspiring person I ever met!
"If a man ever proposes to me without out one I am going to consider it an act of war"
ReplyDelete-- and that's one of the best things you've ever said!
Act of war!
That's perfect.
/lmao
ACT OF WAR!