Monday, April 20, 2009

funny movies

Without a Paddle - Guy movie
http://www.withoutapaddle.com/

It's a comedy and pretty clean. You're not going to see any nudity. There is some swearing in it, but even that's not bad.

I was trying to figure out if kids could watch it. I suppose they could if they were over 13 or so. It's really more adult humor and I'm not sure they would get it as much if they were younger. I let my kids see it. They were 13 & 15 at the time - so, take that for what it's worth.

It's about four friends and one of them dies. In the dead friend's honor, the remaining three decide to take this exploration/camping trip that they always said they were going to take together, but never did.

I call it a typical guy movie because every male that I've made watch this movie understood the things that happen and how the guys interact with each other - PERFECTLY.

The characters are hilarious together. You've got one little neurotic guy, one irresponsible guy and one guy that's afraid of commitment.

If you watch it with a guy, you'll see the difference between what they think is funny and logical. They're the same things that a woman will turn to said man and go, "WHY IS THAT FUNNY?! Someone is going to put an eye out! He's an IDIOT."

The scene I found absolutely hilarious was the cave scene. Women will understand why this is funny when they see it - and then they're enjoy watching the guy next to them squirm. Guys will have a totally different reaction and it'll go something like this, "ewwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww.......oh My GOD...that's something that you NEVER talk about after!"

Go see the clips from the link I gave above. The clips don't tell the whole story of what was funny about the scene, but you get a feel for the movie. They did a good job on the site.

You'll take away nothing intelligent from this movie, but it is good for a lot of laughs.


Love Stinks - Girl movie
http://videodetective.com/titledetails.aspx?PublishedID=99373

I've seen this movie about 15 times already. It's one of those movies that women will understand. The twist is the guys will understand it too.

It's a relationship movie - gone very, very badly...

They start off well and then when Seth doesn't want to commit, Chelsea takes matters into her own hands. The words, "You're annoying and molesting me" will become funny to you. The torture is on!

Again, this is a clean movie, but adult humor.

My daughter and I watch this movie when the guys are out of the house. The guys have seen it too and they both found it funny.


Second Hand Lions - Family Movie
http://www.secondhandlions.com/

An irresponsible mother drops her son off to be taken care of by two grumpy old uncles. The boy is a doll and the uncles are quirky. Their favorite pasttime is to shoot at traveling salesmen that trespass on their property.

The plot is great.
The acting is great.
The characters are perfectly casted.
It's a movie for kids and adults. You'll appreciate how they fish...


Saving Silverman - A movie you should never admit having watched
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0239948/trailers

It's crude.
It's stupid.
It's immature.
It's inappropriate.
It's fucking funny.

You will walk away from this movie dumber than when you started it. I laughed my ass off at most of it though because it was just so..................stupid!

Oh, and if you're a Neil Diamond fan - you'll love this movie.
Seriously, the last 10 minutes of this movie I laughed til I cried.
Jason Biggs; Jack Black and Steve Zahn - all morons

5 comments:

  1. *sigh* I've seen none of these movies, but it is really hard to budge me from a book to watch anything on TV, movie or not. Except, maybe, the BBC version of Pride and Prejudice. Ok, anything vaguely Jane Austin*ish*.

    That being said, my kids are scandalized because I admitted to seeing AND liking all of the American Pie movies. And I like to play "Laid" over and over on my iPod when connected to speakers, for maximum effect, of course.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I didn't see the American Pie movies until about four years ago and the first one made me laugh my ass off.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love Secondhand Lions - Absolutley one of my all time favorites

    hey check out

    http://www.kids-in-mind.com

    "Our Mission"

    The purpose of kids-in-mind.com is to provide parents and other adults with objective and complete information about a film's content so that they can decide, based on their own value system, whether they should watch a movie with or without their kids.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Man... I wish I had known about that long before now. I use to just watch everything first...... you know, because there's nothing like sitting through every single movie TWICE.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Without a Paddle i have been meaning to see since it came out. Ty for reminding.

    Saving Silverman is a movie my brother must have watched 700 times. It is fucking hilarious. I loved it.

    The other two, I will keep an eye out for.

    ReplyDelete