The Joy Luck Club - Every mother & daughter should watch this movie
This is a story about four women that came over to the United States after WWII from China. They each have daughters.
The movie flashes back to the lives of these Chinese women and you get a taste of what it was like to be them during this time period in history. The poverty. The hardships.
Each life experience is so different and so distinct.
You also see how delicate the interactions between mothers and daughters are woven.
Every mother and daughter should watch this movie. I can't praise it enough.
I can not find a trailer for this movie, unfortunately. It's a serious movie that's just so well done you can feel it.
Rosewood - Every American should see this movie
http://movies.warnerbros.com/rosewood/main.html
This is a movie that I feel should be shown in every high school across America. It should absolutely be mandatory.
Do you hear me? EVERYONE should be forced to see this movie
This is a movie based on a True Story of the town of Rosewood, Florida. A predominately black town, in 1923, that was burnt to the ground and the people murdered in cold blood.
You'll see prejudice, violence, mob mentality and heroism. By the end of one of the biggest race riots in America, Rosewood was leveled. There was only one house and one store left standing - both owned by a white guy.
This movie makes me cry and it makes me furious. Fuck it, I'll say it...I freely admit that after I watch this movie, I hate white people for a long ass time.
I watch it every single time I notice it on - and I get just as mad every single time.
Remembering Rosewood
The Black Holocaust in America
Black History
It's raw.
It's life.
It's our past.
It wasn't that long ago.
.......and everyone should know it.
You can't even talk to me after this movie.
You just have to sit there and listen to me go off.
Shot Through the Heart - Anyone interested in sociology should watch this movie
Can't find a movie trailer for this one either
It's a fact-based movie about two Yugoslavian men, friends from childhood. Their friendship is tested and torn to shreds over political and religious differences (one is a Muslim and the other a Serb) - when the civil war between Bosnian and Sarajevo breaks out in 1992.
This movie is heart-breaking.
It covers a couple of different aspects and you're forced to consider what you would do if you were put into this position.
Parents should watch this movie.
The end of this movie is agonizing. The visual, which is a real visual, is just horrendous. Again though, it's raw - it's honest - and it's life.
The Last Days - Everyone should see this movie, too.
http://videodetective.com/home.asp?PublishedID=
An interview of five Jewish Hungarian survivors of the Holocaust. They are now U.S. citizens, one being the California Senator Tom Lantos. Hearing his story on the ship coming to America kills me every time.
I am amazed that even though Germany knew they couldn't win the war, they still cared more about rounding up the Jewish people and systematically slaughtering them even down to the last days.
I've seen a lot of Holocaust documentaries. This one is the most personal of all of them. If you don't cry, there's something wrong with you.
I read the "Joy Luck Club". Does that count?
ReplyDeleteI don't know how I'm going to fit all these mandatory movies into my *schedule*. You are SO DEMANDING! Oh, did I say that out loud? I meant, thank you for helping me fill out my NetFlix list.
On the serious side, I believe all kids should see "Crash" before they're out of High School. What do YOU think?
YES! That was an excellent movie!
ReplyDelete/lmao... and I am demanding. I can't help it. I'm a New Yorker. Bare with me!