Friday, May 8, 2009

drowning via coffee

That's the computer on the floor in the Florida room.
When I say she's tiny... I mean, she's tiny.

She carefully wanders around my desk when I'm typing. She's quite delicate about that. We already had to have a little chat last night about how she can't walk all over my keyboard. This came on the heels of her sitting on some key that opened up a few dozen new browsers while I was writing - which resulted in me losing three things I wrote.

Yeah, I don't think so.

Now she...........
laughing right out loud...
!

As I was typing that, she decided to stick her whole face in my coffee mug from some ridiculous hour in the morning and came up sneezing coffee and shaking her head all around.

Do NOT try to drown yourself on my watch!
Especially via coffee - that's not dignified.
I'm going to bet that she never does that again.

Back to what I was saying...

She's very careful and delicate when she walks around on my desk now. That said, she's completely, totally and utterly offended by my daughter's sneakers. I don't know what it is about them, but when she sees them - they offend her senses so much that she MUST attack them and make them pay for their transgressions.

I don't know what they did to her, but clearly, they must suffer. The shoes are bigger than she is, for cryin' out loud.

It's not just her sneakers either. She has this pair of white flip flop type shoes that equally offend the tiny black Queen of the shoes that decides which ones can live or have to die.

She seems to have an aversion to black socks too. I watched her HOP around Grant's foot for about 25 minutes last night. She would just run up to him and bounce all around it and get up on her hind legs. Her version of intimidating the enemy sock, I'm sure.

She never touched him though.
But the shoes?
Fair game and it's on.

Oh, and for some odd reason - she HATES my glasses. She saw them on me for the first time last night and freaked. I suppose this explains why I haven't been able to find my glasses since she got here. I bet it was her that tackled them off the couch and into the cushions.

They're not even bad glasses!
I'm offended that she's offended.
They're small!

weirdo...

She also made the distinct mistake of jumping up on the arm of the couch only to land right on top of the universal remote and rode it like a sled onto the floor.

I bet she did that shit on purpose though.

nutjob...

The current debate is: does she lean so far over my desk looking into the garbage can that she actually falls IN... and I make fun of her for the rest of her life...or does she listen and not be a dumbass...

Ah-
She decided to climb over and curl up on my lap.
Good girl.
Saved from the "Garbage can kitty" nickname.

2 comments:

  1. laughs out loud.. omg this was hilarious! what a darling cat! Do you know what her birthday is? She truly sounds like the perfect cat for your family. I am SO HAPPY FOR YOU I COULD CRY. I know it's just a cat but i love it when your happy and something amuses you and it's always a joy to watch YOU love ANYTHING.

    XOXOXOXOXOXOXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX INFINITY.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know you're off having a good time doing whatever is exciting in Maryland (I refuse to ever drive again through that state to get to Virginia. Just not happening), but I'm going to comment anyway. Long ago and far away, I took in a Momma cat with 3 little ones that took over the house. The kittens were absolutely wild. They would run up our stairs, jump over the bannister, slide over the top of the Entertainment Unit and land on the couch. Lather, rinse, repeat. They did it until they were exhausted. It was so hilarious! Eventually all were adopted out but Momma, who I kept even though she and my ex were not on good terms. I have a good story about that, but not sure I should share it.....gotta think about that.....

    ReplyDelete