Tuesday, May 12, 2009

la!

I am home again!

And I will write a ton after I get settled in and maul the girl child and put all this crap away and eat something.

4 comments:

  1. Did the kitten survive the road trip?

    ReplyDelete
  2. She could not have been better. I was shocked, and your words were in the back of my head the entire way.

    We bought a cat carrier that... resembles a mesh gym bag...

    She was in it for a little bit and was so good. Barely even a tiny meow.

    After a little bit I took her out and held her on my lap and she stayed on me for the following six hours.

    She didn't even try to get off my lap. She just snuggled up really high on me and pretty much slept the whole way.

    Of course, when she wasn't asleep - she thought she was a parrot and stayed on my shoulder a few times and draped herself over me.

    She was such a ragdoll that she got the nickname roadkill on the way there.

    I'm still not convinced that she has any bones in her body with the way she twists it all up.

    At one point, she doubled as a headrest.

    Then I thought for sure since we had been gone for five days and with how active she became while in Maryland - that she was going to be nothing short of a nightmare on the drive home today.

    Nada.
    She was a perfect little angel.

    During the times when she was in her gym bag, I even left the front of it open so she could play with her little mouse and she never once stepped out of it.

    I could not be more impressed with her.
    She's an absolute doll.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Grant drove the whole way there and back, to be clear.

    ReplyDelete
  4. la ? la te da? Grant is a superhero for driving.

    Missed the blog - funny how even if you don't post regulary, i don't miss you til I know you won't be posting.

    Glad your back.

    ReplyDelete