Sunday, June 28, 2009

again...

...Not dead.
Tons of stuff done around the house, hope to have a few pictures to show soon.

Grant is still alive even though he still likes to torture me when he's up on a ladder.

Roadkill*/COME HERE/Jupiter is still alive too and learned how to give kisses.

She also likes: rice, bread, potatoes, chicken, Chinese food and the squishy part of popcorn (minus the kernel part so she doesn't chock to death on me) - and mustard, much to Grant's dismay since he hates mustard with a passion (weirdo).

She hates tuna fish.
Go figure.

She's also a felon.

I found a box of Jelly Belly candy canes (don't ask) and any time she sees one of them she grabs it and leaves.

Yes, leaves.

She has also stolen my insurance card out of my wallet (which, to her credit, was not easy since my wallet was CLOSED at the time), receipts, bills and anything plastic she can find.

I have no idea where she's taking them (though I did save my insurance card since she did it right in front of my face).

In this house is a rather large stockpile of junk that she has thieved and is squandering away somewhere.

She's like a little homeless person.

I have this mental picture of her sitting on top of it all playing King of the Mountain and laughing maniacally while we're asleep and she's plotting her next caper.

The other day Grant and I were watching a movie together and heard this, I can even describe the sound... this loud... sckirch-sckirch-sckirch noise. We looked over and see the animal HALF WAY UP THE FIREPLACE.

She climbs... BRICKS.
freak...
BRICKS!
Not the drapes (of course, this is also why I can report that she's still alive)...BRICKS.
I didn't even know that was possible.

My living room looks like someone is having a cat toy garage sale.
Spoiled.
Little spoiled indigenous felon.

5 comments:

  1. She climbs bricks? That is possible? Wow, I'm impressed. My dog just collect stuffed animals and shoes and hides them under her bed. She doesn't eat them or ruin in them in any way...she's just a collector. I always wonder what she is thinking..."Hah! I stole the short, louder one's Webkinz. Now he can not sit upstairs in front of the computer all day and he MUST attend to MY needs!"

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cats can climb up virtually anything, especially kittens with those sharp, thin claws. But she can steal out of your purse? She must be part dog!

    When Loki first joined our family, he continually brought food stuffs upstairs and left them in the hallway for us. We ended up putting childproof latches on the cupboards and not leaving any food on the counter - like leftover muffins in ziploc bags.

    Luckily he gave up this annoying habit.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bricks!
    I've never seen anything like it in my life before.

    My son doubted me when he came over on Sunday. So I gave a demonstration by using the little red light that drives the cat insane and ran it up the fireplace.

    Up she went...
    I maintain my original assessment.
    Crackhead.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Not sure what my cat is. She doesn't really do human food unless it's a bit of tuna or roast beef and she never takes more than a nibble. She's never attemped to climb anything and only got on my counters once (and that's only because I'd left some boxes nearby...lazy-ass). She wants nothing to do with anyone unless you're busy or on the phone (hey wait, that IS a cat trait). Oh...and she loves feet.

    ReplyDelete