I never own a keyboard more than that anyhow. Im lucky if mine are worth more than $12. Why? Not because I smash the hell out of them, but because I live at my computer and type alot. The keys tend to get these dings in the keys from my nails hittin them constantly plus many of the most used keys get their letters worn off. Since I never took keyboarding and never memorized the board, it's kinda beneficial to have the letters on the keys... Typos are much much worse when I dont have the letters on the keys as reference.
I think the bigger question is did you smash a detached keyboard or a laptop keyboard? Because a laptop keyboard replacement will cost more than $14. Unless you want to attach a cheap keyboard to your nice laptop via a usb port. Just sayin.....
I also wore out/off most of the letters on my last laptop in, oh, about 6 months. But luckily I touch type (65-80wpm!) so it doesn't phase me when I can't read the keyboard any longer.
once saw a laptop where this really techie guy popped of all the keys then randomly put them back just to F with all of us that can't type without looking at the keys.
LOL. You're in a mood today.
ReplyDeleteI never own a keyboard more than that anyhow. Im lucky if mine are worth more than $12. Why? Not because I smash the hell out of them, but because I live at my computer and type alot. The keys tend to get these dings in the keys from my nails hittin them constantly plus many of the most used keys get their letters worn off. Since I never took keyboarding and never memorized the board, it's kinda beneficial to have the letters on the keys... Typos are much much worse when I dont have the letters on the keys as reference.
ReplyDeleteI think the bigger question is did you smash a detached keyboard or a laptop keyboard? Because a laptop keyboard replacement will cost more than $14. Unless you want to attach a cheap keyboard to your nice laptop via a usb port. Just sayin.....
ReplyDeleteI also wore out/off most of the letters on my last laptop in, oh, about 6 months. But luckily I touch type (65-80wpm!) so it doesn't phase me when I can't read the keyboard any longer.
ReplyDeleteI do, however, slam my mice into the table, but the trouble of replacing a mouse isn't even on my radar. Just a routine occupational hazard...
ReplyDeleteI guess it's my therapy as well.
Lots of my letters are worn off my PC too. My kids complain...I told them to learn to type better. Life's rough...
ReplyDeleteonce saw a laptop where this really techie guy popped of all the keys then randomly put them back just to F with all of us that can't type without looking at the keys.
ReplyDeleteBastard - but it is kinda cool.