It's neither and both... and more specifically, it's simply AT HALF.
At...half...
does the sign language to indicate HALF... just HALF...
50%
1/2
.50
HALF
No more, no less.
As you can tell, I have an unnatural hatred for that question (to add along side of the word, "tushie" that I'm so freakin' fond of as well). It's not an outlook question to me. You won't find me to be an optimist or a pessimist over it. It's MATH.
What does it make you when your answer is always, "IT'S JUST HALF! STOP ASKING ME THAT STUPID QUESTION ALREADY!"
The best label I could come up with is... annoyed and potentially violent.
LOL I totally agree..it is just half...implies nothing else just half!
ReplyDeleteOr you tell whomever to dump whatever it is into a smaller glass and get the hell over it. Then the glass will be full.
ReplyDeleteOkay, that's just hilarious!
ReplyDeleteGood retort LadyStyx!
ReplyDeleteHalf is half, I agree. I also dislike it when people use that saying as a judgment...like, "Well, aren't you being 'the glass is half empty'?"
Taken literally yes it's annoying, but the saying is really figurative and asking what kind of person you are in spirit and mind.
ReplyDeleteI'm normally with you...but on this subject I must disagree.
Just reply, "Go to half".
ReplyDelete