I've come to the conclusion that there is no subtle way.
So with that conclusion fairly easily drawn, it pretty much leaves me free reign.
Then I moved on to trying to figure out how to make it all coherent.
That was a little tougher.
I gave up altogether on trying to be tactful about it all.
Not one to slack on my research, I found this:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KnOaMC8KHA4
The words "critical mass" are clearly defined.
"Speech is your enemy; never, ever under any circumstance say a single word in a men's room...not even to Jesus himself" is a motto that is essential for all parties involved to adhere to otherwise it could lead to dire consequences.
...and forget everything you may have ever read about spotting sociopaths. It is defined for you, definitively, in that video.
I was unaware that a pyramid breakdown was part of the critical thinking involved in the male etiquette restroom scenario - I stand educated.
On to Urinal Cakes, which was the main focus, I just got side-tracked.
I ran across this:
Talking urinal cakes warn against drunk driving. Apparently the State of New Mexico is trying out a new program to try to stop drunk driving. They have purchased 500 urinal cakes ($21 apiece) and placed them in the restrooms of various bars.
According to SiliconValley.com the cakes say things like "Hey, big guy. Having a few drinks? Think you had one too many? Then it's time to call a cab or call a sober friend for a ride home."
The females among us are probably going, "What is this mystifying item called the urinal cake?"
It appears, that urinal cakes (sometimes referred to as Urinal Mints for some bizarre reason) are small disinfectant blocks found in male bathrooms. The purpose of these blocks is to disinfect and deodorize washroom urinals.
They are air-activated and slowly evaporate when in contact with the air. Water does not dissolve them. It is rumored that some of them are designed to look like bulls-eyes.
In my quest for the Holy Grail of the Men's room, I ran across this little gem:
The Interactive Urinal Communicator
...to once again reassure us that advertising agencies have no shame and are willing to corner you when you least expect it.
and just so you know, Grant is still watching the video from above and saying things like, "that's just so true"...
There.
Now everyone is on the same page.
Additional Information as of 6:18pm - the urinals that go to the floor? They're for KIDS. As ridiculous as it is, Grant and I just had this conversation because I thought it may have been counterproductive to have to pee a good 3-4' straight down and how in fuck do you keep it from splashing all over your shoes that way. KIDS. I have no idea why that never occurred to me. Kids. Of course. Kids. Sheesh. And then I got the added bonus of a mental picture of how many times Grant has seen dad's holding their kids up to the mid-wall level ones. And then all I could do was laugh. So, there's your update.
OMG too funny...and yes, I watched the whole thing..what was I thinking! I only wish women could go so fast and easy..LOL I hate standing in line, especially at a concert!
ReplyDeleteThat was hilarious. Although I find it mind boggling that someone would go through the effort to make such a long video to describe male bathroom etiquette. Who knew the dangers could be so devastating?
ReplyDeletedon't the Talking Mints violate the "No Talking" edict...
ReplyDeleteI almost pee'd on myshoes watching this...thx
My husband has explained the men's room etiquette rules to me and to our boys (when they were younger). I had no idea, really, lol...The no talking rule is pretty major...none such rule in ladies' rooms though!!
ReplyDeletedarsden - I've seen it four times now because I keep showing people over here.
ReplyDeleteThe "understandably shaken by the two sociopaths before him" cracks me right up.
Concerts - and any kind of sporting event. It's like being in a herd then. I don't handle that all that well either.
Something Happened Somewhere Turning - TOTAL ANARCHY! It will tear wide open the very fabric of our foundation! Life as we knew it will cease to exist!
laughs
I'm glad someone did! I never would have known the full extent of it, had they not!
PM - That was the first thing both out of Grant and my son's mouth too!
AmyK - Come to find out there are some that resemble troughs...
I think I'll stick with out Conference Meeting setting.
Has this page really devolved to the point of pee talk? New topic please? LOL
ReplyDeleteYes! We have officially reached the bottom of the barrel! Nowhere to go but up from here!
ReplyDeleteI like to keep expectations low.