My daughter's bathroom upstairs is the only one with a bathtub in it. It's been damp out and I've been all achy and thought it would be a good idea to lock myself in a room, take a long hot bath and read.
This would have worked out fine; if I had been able to do this in peace.
Instead, I had a black cat that spent the ENTIRE TIME mystified over the large porcelain dish with fluid in it. I discovered real fear in the form of a curious animal sitting on the side of the tub looking ready to jump in at any God given second.
Roadkill* tried to stand on my shoulder.
This didn't work out well.
She would stick her paw in the water.
This didn't work out well either.
She tried to lean over as far as she could without falling in.
This went on for about 20 minutes.
She got mad when her tail went in the water.
...which is what happens when you spend half your time walking 18" and then turning around and sitting. Rinse. Repeat.
I've never seen a living being so perplexed.
She was stumped.
Couldn't figure out what to do.
And my relaxing bath turned into a free for all show about guessing how many ways I was going to bleed to death when she took the final plunge.
She did everything she could think of to get to me.
When that didn't work, she crouched down and stared at me for 10 minutes; pissed I wasn't doing anything to help her.
When I couldn't take it anymore and I had decided that it really wasn't a good idea to become a cat's cheering section solely to see if I could get her to jump into the water - I drained the tub and tossed her in it.
Since she's an Aries and they don't understand no or fear - she was fine.
MAD, but fine.
Then she was over it in two seconds and it was time to do something else.
I could easily see how my upstairs bathroom could have resembled a crime scene though...
I had a cat who fell in the tub once. I was able to pluck her out without injury (amazing) and she spent the next twelve hours furiously washing herself.
ReplyDeleteI had a cat who so wanted to hang out with me *in* the tub, I finally grabbed her. She never did that again. Neither did I.
ReplyDeleteThanks for the smiles, I'm just glad I'm not the only one with curious cat when you to bath in peace LOL
ReplyDeleteReminds me of a couple stories... The first one was my mom's cat who had this nasty habit of racing around and jumpin in the tub. One day, my mom had run a bath for herself. Next thing you know, her fool cat comes racing around, into the bathroom and takes a flying leap into the tub as per her usual. From what mom said (between hysterical giggles), the cat noticed the water while in mid-air and tried to course correct while in full flight.... pulled a 180 in mid-air and only managed to get her paws and tip of her tail wet. The cat NEVER did that again. She'd race in, skid to a halt, stand up and LOOK INSIDE the tub before jumping in.
ReplyDeleteThe other cat I had, loved water and if I didn't get the bathroom door closed fully...well I'd turn around in the shower to see him sitting IN the tub looking up at me as I was washing. Freaky cat.
Curiosity can be pretty funny.
ReplyDeletelmao!! Wondering how many differnent ways you'd bleed to death...
ReplyDelete