Sunday, November 22, 2009

Disney Pixar's UP

One of the cutest things - EVER.
Up!

If you have kids, or access to kids, sit down with them and watch this movie.

I only say that because I know other people might have some shame about watching a Disney movie without kids.  I, however, do not share that shame and watched it for what probably amounts to three times already.

Hilarious!

Lines that made me laugh that you won't understand until you see the movie:
"I was hiding under your porch -- because I love you..."
"STOP BOTHERING KEVIN!"
"Squirrel!"
"Please let me in.." - "No"


And that little girl in the beginning?!
Right around the 3 minute mark... the 3-9 minute time period is among my favorite...
I'VE SAID ALL OF THOSE THINGS!
laughs

That poor little boy!  He didn't have a prayer!  She just totally railroaded him.  I'm not sure he even spoke at the clubhouse before she decided his whole life.

I LOVE HER!

"CROSS YOUR HEART!  DO IT!"
"It's like America, but... south.
"I ripped this right out of a library book!"

Grant showed me this movie.  He said I had to see it because he knew I'd like it.  I just laughed during that first part and then told him that if I had known him at 8 years old, I would have totally bossed him around like that.

He told me that he wouldn't have let me.
I told him that he wouldn't have had a choice.

WHO FIGHTS ABOUT THIS SORT OF THING?!  laughs... [I really would have completely bossed him around, no matter what his protests are!  WE'RE IN A CLUB NOW!  How do we get there?  That's it!  You'll take us there in a balloon!  PROMISE!  SAY IT!] -- Right, like that's not something I would say.  Uh-huh.

 "SWEAR YOU'LL TAKE US!  CROSS IT!  CROSS YOUR HEART!"
"You know, you don't talk very much -- I LIKE YOU!"

Ed Asner is the old cranky guy who just wants to be left alone after she dies and no one will just leave him be.  He plays the roll perfectly!

"I think I've made my position clear to your boss" - "You put prune juice in his gas tank" - "Yeah, that was good"
"You, you in the suit - yeah, you - take a bath, hippy!"

"I have to assist the elderly!"
"Alright, now we're going to walk to the Falls quickly and quietly with no rap music or flashdancing..."
"By the time we get there, you're going to feel SO assisted!"

The videos from youtube are all mirrored, so the writing is backwards, but it doesn't matter - it's THAT freakin' cute.  Get a taste of it before someone there takes them down.

It's worth owning!
I think I'll go watch it again...

8 comments:

  1. EVERY DETAIL is well done. They missed nothing that I can note and I'm a critic!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is a great movie...I did see it with my kids and was not sorry at all. The beginning was very teary for me though, I'm glad I knew what was coming.

    "Squirrel!!!" is a fab-o line! I use it in school all the time when some of the ADHD kids are going bonkers, lol.

    ReplyDelete
  3. @J.D.
    You're only as old as you feel or young, whatever your perspective. And what's that other cliché? Age is a matter of mind. If you like animation or cartoons then it shouldn't matter at all. Either way it's just fun. Go rent it.

    Razors,
    I laughed until my gut ached. The kids and Lois and I use that "Squirrel' line for just about anything anymore. When the mailman knocks on the door with a package, we smile at each other and say, "Dog!"
    Out at a restaurant and somebody drops a plate. We're all going yell, "Stare!"
    We're kind of crazy that way. Now that I think about it, we're a bad influence on each other. Five minutes with us and I think you'd understand.

    Postscript: That stat counter thing, don't bother with one. Seriously. They are just a waste of time.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Okay, I got sidetracked. I don't know who this Sara B. gal is, but I like her voice. I had to go to Youtube to see what else she does.

    ReplyDelete
  5. STOP DOING THIS!

    Yesterday my wife was out running errands, 7 was out with his cousin, and I was home with 4 and 1.

    Take a wild guess what we were watching?

    Pixar is always a sure thing when it comes to kids movies. I'm always throwing out quotes from them at home to the kids.

    I'm also a fan of Over the Hedge. Great choices for the voice actors, and Ben Folds did some of the music.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ok first of all now I cannot do anything else until I watch the whole movie - Thanks.... /stares

    Secondly - I can so totally see your face during that whole clubhouse scene... Serioulsy

    ReplyDelete
  7. Speaking as a so-called adult that faithfully watches Spongebob Squarepants, little kids are overrated, at least when it comes to watching some fabulous cinematic works of art.

    Sounds like this film is a winner all around - so many people are singing it praises.

    Now to sneak off and watch it - repeatedly.

    ReplyDelete