Friday, December 4, 2009

Can I have this dance?

I summoned my son tonight and 15 minutes later he showed up at my door.  He went out to start the car while I was locking up the house. 

Half way down my drive way is a canopy covered section.  There he was with his headlights shining and some 1950's Italy inspired song playing loudly on the radio - waiting under the canopy for me.

He grabbed my hand and danced with me.

We must have looked crazy to the neighbors and I don't care.  It was all very cute and very charming.  He's quite the suave 19 year old.

And he would never consider not opening the car door for any female.

I was reminded why I don't go shopping with him though.  He has the patience of a crack addict going through withdrawal with all his, "Can we hurry this up?!" comments.  All in all though, he's a good boy.

2 comments: